Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Had Forgotten....

....how much fun this could be! (insert sarcasm here)
.
When I got home from Mt. Graham yesterday, I was surprised to find the house completely spotless. (My husband is either the best man ever or just can't stand our messy house, so he waits until I'm gone to clean.) Anyway, another part of the surprise was that Frank's crib had been moved back into the nursery and his "big boy Thomas bed" had been moved into his room! I was so upset that I didn't have my camera, because the look on his face was absolutely priceless. He spent the entire evening laying on his bed playing with his cars. He didn't even get off the bed to say prayers with us last night, he loves it so much. Andrew & I had talked about putting Frank in the toddler bed, but I think I've blocked out the memories of doing this with Emma, because it was a NIGHTMARE with her. I hadn't really prepared myself for all that is involved with this big move.
.
Such as:
1. No one in the kids' room going to sleep until 9:30 pm because Frank kept climbing into bed with Emma.
.
2. Cold little hands on my face at 4:41 am and a wiggly little stinker worming his way underneath the covers to snuggle with Daddy for the rest of the night.
.
3. Random musical toy noises eminating from the bedroom at 11:00 pm.
.
4. Frank in bed, out of bed, in bed, out of bed, in bed.......etc.
.
5. Mommy on the couch, off the couch, on the couch, off the couch.....etc.
.
When he got home last night, Andrew mentioned that he thought it was a good idea to do this now, before I got too big & fat. (Ok, he didn't call me fat, but I know that's what he probably meant.) I thought he was being overly cautious, but now I admit that it was a great idea. After about the 15th time I had to get up to put Frank back into bed last night, I was thanking my lucky stars that I have a thoughtful husband. I was out of breath as it was- I don't even want to think about doing this little routine at 9 months along.
.
So when I get my camera back on Thursday, I'll post some pics of my big boy in his big boy bed. Oh, it makes me sad to see my little man be so grown up. But I guess I'll have another little guy here soon enough to start all of this fun over again. Yippee!

3 comments:

Andi said...

What a sweet husband you have!

Cara said...

I feel your pain. I'm just about to put Charlotte in a regular bed and I'm NOT looking forward to it. It means I have to turn into the "stay in your bed or else" witch nazi. SIGH!

The Hermyzoo! said...

Andy that was really Awesome of you to have it all done. Man it has been a while since I have went through that. I really hope Livy won't challenge me on this one. We had to give Camry her own bed at 11 months because she would climb head first out of her crib. I actually think we let her do it for a while and around 14 months put her in a bed. It went great. I am just hoping to get Livy to sleep through the night again!!!!

You will love having accomplished this by the time your little boy is here.