Monday, June 2, 2008

My Life Should Be A Sitcom

I think that my life is a pretty good basis for a TV sitcom. We've got all of the basic characters:

The overly sensitive, frazzled mother.
The strong, funny father figure.
2 freakin' cute kids, both of whom speak their minds in hilarious ways every single day.
Neurotic pets that could probably be a show all on their own.

Over the past couple of days, my kids have been incredibly opinionated and funny. I'll share a couple of ideas for scenes from our TV show, and you let me know if we'd be a hit.

Scene 1-
Mom & Emma relaxing in the living room, Mom painting Emma's fingernails & toenails before bed.

Mom: So Emma, do you like this color?

Emma: Yes, Mommy. Now all of the boys will love me!

(This is where you'd hear the sound of car tires screeching, and the camera zooms in on Mom's stunned face.)

Mom: What exactly do you mean, the boys will love you?

Emma: I look so beautiful that now all of the boys will just love to look at me all the time, and the girls will want to be like me.

(Zoom in on Mom looking totally exasperated.)

Mom: Emma, what am I going to do with you?

Emma: Just let me be beautiful, Mommy.

After Mommy lets Daddy know what Emma's been saying, he declares: That's it! She's never leaving this house again, I don't care if she's only 4!


Scene 2-
The whole family is eating a peaceful dinner at the dining room table. Suddenly, Frank stands up in his booster seat and leans up over his plate onto the table.

Mom: Frank, what are you doing?

Dad: Do you have to ask?

Frank's face is turning about 5 different shades of red and purple, and he's making small groaning noises.

Mom: Oh, great. At the dinner table, Frank? Do you want to go use the potty?

Frank: No, tank you.

About 2 minutes pass, with everyone trying to ignore what the youngest Merriman is up to. Finally.....

Frank: grunting noise, then "Got it!"

He sits back down and resumes eating as if nothing's happened.

Mom: Oh, man. That one's yours, Dad!

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

I think maybe I'm done having kids. Boys suddenly sound a lot easier. ;)

Kenningtons said...

HA! I am laughing so hard right now!!! I would certainly tune in to your sitcom!!

Cheryl said...

Love it! That is pretty darn funny!