Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Good Thing About the Cold

It was 32 degrees as I drove into my driveway at 7:15 tonight. That's past just cold- that's stinky, filthy, yucky cold.

Now there's lots of bad things about the cold. The car that doesn't want to run, the chickens that have to peck holes through the ice to get a drink of water, & the red-nosed, miserable children come to mind.

But there's one good thing about it- when you forget your groceries in the car for an hour & a half, the frozen ravioli is actually a little harder than when you pulled it out of the freezer at the store! Yay! That's WAY better than forgetting them in July, right?

p.s.- Now before you all go callin' me a wuss, YES, I AM! I am an AZ girl through & through & this weather makes me want to crawl under the covers & hide there 'till February, 'cuz that's when spring comes here!

6 comments:

Gina Moody said...

I feel the same, and had the same problem yesterday!! My parents sent us a box of omaha steaks which were delivered while I was at the church for activity days! I didn't see them when I got back, but luckily they were still frozen the next morning when I discovered them. THankful, but also dreading the fact that it will only get COLDER!

Sarah and Chris said...

I wish it was that cold here in Maryland! Then it might actually snow! Instead my house only cooled off 2 degrees last night because it was so warm, rather than the 10 it should be cooling off. December with no snow is just wrong...
-From an Alaska girl.

Mom said...

AMEN Sister!!
I'm right with you...altho...last night when I crawled in bed, I realized I'd left a 12 pack of sodas in the car and had to go out and retrieve them...lest they freeze and spew!

Casey said...

I am right there with you! I am already tired of winter! It is nice with the groceries tho!

Rachel said...

I hope you are feeling better... but you are SUCH an AZ girl! It hasn't been out of the 30's in weeks here and we still go out, feed chickens, ride horses and go on with life. We just wear coats and gloves :)

Dana said...

AMEN!!!!