Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Big Head, Big Head, Big Head!

(1st b-day cake. Yum!) Really, I do love my kiddos, but let's face it. They have big heads.

Take James, for instance. Today at his 1 yr checkup he finally made it onto the growth chart in weight.

He's 18 lbs, 7 ounces- that's in the 3% range. Yay!

Height- 29 inches- 23%

Head- 75%!!!!

It makes them intelligent, right? At least that's what the little Chinese waitress at the restaurant said the other day. And I quote: "These babies with giant heads just crack me up. But if they have big heads then they're extra smart."

(Extra smart, huh? He looks a little goofy to me!)

I was a little flabbergasted, but what am I gonna say? He's cute & that's all that matters. He'll grow into that head. I did!And in other news, we had an earth-shattering event here the other day. Emma has finally reached that special age of accountability. Yep, she'll be 8 next week. And so we embarked on the next phase of childhood for her-

EARRINGS!Mommy was REALLY mad that they wouldn't let us use the real diamond earrings that Uncle Butch gave her when she turned 1. I've been holdin' on to those babies for 7 years now, just waiting for this day. But when the minimum-wage tattooed lady says you can't use them, I guess that's that. Shiny blue would have to do.Watch out world! She's all blinged out & ready to roll!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm not sure what the big heads mean but the other's have grown into theirs...

I do like the tattooed lady. She looks like she probably knows what she's talking about....

Casey said...

See James and Calissa are there together in the 75% in there heads but not much of anything anywhere else. So cute tho!

Love that Emma got her ears pierced, can't believe she is 8! Wow! Baptism this Saturday?

Dana said...

I'm so happy for Emma!! I can remember going to the mall to get my ears done. What a great day for her!!

Mom said...

Pretty Emma...this opens up a whole new world to you (and Mom) my advice...but 2 pair of any earing that you purchase...that way WHEN she loses one, you will still have 2 spares!
See you guys Saturday!!

Seth And Josylyn Larson said...

We love your kids' "big heads" hehe. We can't wait to see you guys and Emma's new earrings this weekend!

Kenningtons said...

Extra smart but extra EXTRA cute! I can't believe Emma is 8! WOW!!! I can't wait to see you next week. I'll email you more this afternoon....

Unknown said...

He is cute, big head and all. We can relate in my family too. We got pumpkin head kiddos as well.
Emma looks so much like you in that last picture.