Saturday, October 22, 2011

DAY 2- Hershey, PA!

You can't go to Pennsylvania & not do Hershey, right?

So we hit the potty 1 more time in the hotel & then headed out.Amazingly, we managed to keep this destination a secret from the kids until we pulled onto Chocolate Avenue & they spotted the Kiss streetlights & smelled the chocolatey air. You should've heard the screams of excitement coming from the back of our van!After the chocolate tour we packaged Hershey Kisses, designed & produced our own chocolate bars, & pigged out on some incredible S'Mores pie.The chocolate factory was more enjoyable for some than others. :)




This place took almost all day- well, the choosing of trinkets to bring home took almost all day, so after some yummy chicken nuggets with CHOCOLATE barbeque sauce & that great pie we headed outside to show Mommy & the kids what a real fall looks like. Mommy is now addicted. She wants nothing but red trees in her yard from now on.

And now we're heading north toward our next great adventure!

4 comments:

Kenningtons said...

That first picture CRACKS.ME.UP!! I'm still laughing about it.

I agree, fall is GLORIOUS!!!! Every day I look at the fire-burning trees and bushes that have somehow taken over my yard and I want to bottle it up and keep it looking like this forever. I never knew a season could be so beautiful. And to think summer in AZ used to be my favorite season.....

I can almost smell the chocolate air (it has nothing to do with me eating a kit kat as I type this...) you blogged about and sooooooo want to be on the trip with you! But the chocolate bbq sauce??? Um.....I'm not sold.

Adam and Samantha said...

So cool...that place is awesome_A

Wendy said...

We lived there and made it to the Christmas light show but never got out of the car.

Nicole said...

I am loving all these pictures. Yay for the chocolate bbq sauce! That really sounds like my thing. I've got to try some. Where's a recipe. And ohhhhh the gorgeousness of the red leaves and pretty trees!!!