So here's a VERY quick overview of the last 2 weeks at our house.
(and the reason I haven't been blogging)
#1- This picture illustrates why we had to buy a Suburban.
Because you can't yank 15 foot trees out of the ground with a minivan!
That's Mama in there workin' the 4 wheel drive. Yee haw!
#4- Sadly dig out the trees that didn't survive our 8 degree nights last winter. :(
Mama got to drive the tractor to help Daddy pull out all of those HUGE tap roots. :)
#5- Once you have a clean slate you can start building it back up!
#6- Bring in the heavy equipment & let's get this done!
#7- I'll spare you the boring details, but we started Monday with this:
#8- And by lunch on Tuesday we had this!
#9- Now I have 3 kiddos that look happy like this:
(Ignore Jack. He rarely looks happy when there's a camera pointed in his direction. Trust me, he's happy.)
#10- We've also planted 3 new trees to replace the ones we lost, worked on my new flower beds, revived our dingy grass, & have started on the next project- a coop for our newest family members-
Do you see the family resemblance?
Needless to say, I think I'll go take a nap.
8 comments:
You Merrimans all look the same ;) I meant to tell you on Friday how great your yard looks! That is so exciting!! Good work.
Wow!! Your yard looks great!! We'll have to go on vacation to the Merriman's and let the kids play.
That thing is awesome. I wanna play!!!
How fun your yard is! My kids have told me countless times we have the most boring backyard ever.
Your yard looks amazing! We have been wanting a play set for the kids but they are so expensive!
Way to go!! You guys have made a HUGE improvement in the yard! I especially love the part where you were pulling out bushes/trees with your car....way to go!
I am way jealous!!!! Your swingset is AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!
The play set looks great! You're backyard is way better than ANY park in Tucson. You and ANDY make a great team working out there. I hope you two can enjoy time outside watching the kiddos growing up.
Post a Comment