Friday, May 27, 2011

Summertime Fun

It's only halfway through Day 1 of summer & my kids are already at each other's throats.



So here's my plan: ORGANIZATION!



I've made a list of places we want to go & things we want to do and am currently compiling a master calendar.



This is what's on the list so far- hopefully we can do it all!



Tucson Padres games



The Cove in Sierra Vista



Sonoran Desert Museum



Tucson Children's Museum



Picnic on Mt. Lemmon



Madera Canyon



Brandi Fenton Splash Pad Park



Zoo



Library



Summer Movie Club- FREE MOVIES!

UPDATE--- I totally forgot to add that we're also doing the Kids Bowl Free program. 2 free games of bowling every day until September. That rocks!



Since I'm so darn cheap, I've already been researching deals & such & have found a couple of cool things-- if you're a Zoo member, you can get a membership to the Children's Museum for the rest of the year for only $25! Or, it works the other way around, too. Sweet! It would cost $26 for just the kids & I to go to the Children's Museum once, so we'll definitely take advantage of this one. Details can be found HERE.



Also, the Summer Movie Club schedule for the Crossroads location can be found HERE. We'll probably choose 1 day a week to be movie/library day.



I'm having fun planning- any suggestions on anything else we should try, or any deals for the adventures already on our list?



Also, we totally want company for our summer escapades. Anybody want to join us?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

What about a movie night? Or there are some fun events through the Sahuarita library or the Green Valley library. There is also the summer reading program with the Pima County Library. There is always bowling too. Another one that I think would be fun (maybe more of Sweetheart) would be the the Kitt Peak National Observatory. Another one that would be fun is to go the community pool. I guess you need a friend to invite you to do that.

We're game for some of the time. Let us know.

Kenningtons said...

A trip to SLC??? and I'm totally in on all of those activities. If only we could join you.:(

Casey said...

Sounds like lots to do with four kids. ;0)

Ashlie said...

You are the woman! I prefer the hermit life . . . wonder if the boys will go for that.

Mom said...

Sounds like you guys will have a busy/fun/organized summer. YEA! Can you add a trip (or two) to visit the family in the Gila Valley?!

Nicole said...

WOO! Can I have a copy of that master calendar?