Thursday, December 16, 2010

James, Jacob, or Beans?

Once upon a time while I was still pregnant, we considered naming the baby Jacob. Jacob also happens to be the name of one of my best friends' baby. Jack LOVES that baby. He cries to hold him & asks to go visit Jacob constantly.
.
Fast forward a little & we decided to name our baby James.
.
Apparently Jack didn't get the memo.
So while we were trying to convince Jack that this baby's name is JAMES, he decided that No, in fact this child's name is Beans.
.
Say what?
.
Jack still occasionally calls the baby Jacob, but if we try to correct him or ask "What's the baby's name?", he says "Baby Beans!" I've been wanting to get him together with Jacob & James at the same time so that he could see the difference. Wouldn't you know that he was sleeping when Jacob came to visit today.
As soon as he got up, he called our baby Jacob, again.
.
So much for specifically choosing a name that can't be made into a nickname!
Baby Beans it is.

4 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

That is a very cute story. I am sure he will like to hear it when he is older!

Kenningtons said...

Hahahaha!! So funny! Baby Beans sure is a cutie little boy. I could just eat him up. Did you know beans are one of my all-time favorite foods? Just saying'....

Wendy said...

You are lucky to have baby James. And Jack to remind you.....

Nicole said...

Adorableness. Little Baby Beans Merriman, just love that guy! He was being so cute, just sleeping in my arms. And then when he opened his eyes! So cute and dark. And wow, I've totally forgotten how little Jacob used to be. Precious.