Monday, December 20, 2010

Initiated

It's official.
I've been initiated into the "Are all those kids yours?" club.
The nice checkout lady at Albertson's was amazed that I had 4 kids.
I'm not sure why.
I feel older than dirt.
.
And then after I verified that Yes, these were indeed all my offspring, we got the next expected comment.
"You certainly have your hands full."
We've been getting that one for a while, usually when Jack is attempting to jump out of the shopping cart or cause some other such mayhem.
.
As I looked at my beautiful kiddos, I realized that now, in the eyes of much of society, we are freaks of nature for having 4 kids.
.
A man at the bowling alley Saturday night made the comment- "You guys certainly don't have any problem with being bored, do you?"
I just laughed & affirmed that we are indeed constantly kept on our toes.
.
Later on, Andy mentioned that the man most probably meant that we don't have a problem being bored because we're constantly procreating.
.
I think I missed his seedy meaning because I was busy herding my mass of munchkins past said seedy character.
.
Oh well.
Let the world think what it may.
I think we're extremely wealthy.
Because nothing in this world is worth as much to me as these 4 beautiful brown-eyed babies.
.
Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are indeed blessed and now you can imagine/remember for our "circus" of 6 kiddos to go ANYWHERE!
Now I am sooooo very grateful that I didn't "do away" with any of my precious kids and look at my reward....13 blue eyed and brown eyed beautiful grandkids. Hang in there!!

The Hermyzoo! said...

Welcome to the joyous club!!! I love it. I find so much fun in coming up with "HAPPY BLESSING" replies back to those that have to tell me how FULL my hands are. Like, yes my hands are FULL, FULL of blessings that it's. I feel so rich.
I love the pic of Emma holding baby James. Priceless.

Shannon Harris said...

You are amazing!!! You indeed have 4 beautiful brown eyed beauties!!!!! You are blessed!