Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eggstravaganza

We're sorry, Grandpa. We should've known better than to let Frank handle the car you made for our ward's annual Eggstravaganza. He let his friends play with it & they broke the egg after only 1 race. Bummer.
.
So we forged ahead with the Merriman family's other 2 entries:
#1-
.
The Pretty Racer, run by Emma
(Emma & Frank colored themselves in the front seat)
It was AWESOME to see her up there with all the men & their fancy cars. She did this all by herself & I was very proud of my munchkin.Can you tell she won this race?#2-
The Merriman Rotisserie, run by Mommy, Daddy, & eventually FrankBasically, the car has to roll down the ramp, slam into the bricks, & the egg has to remain past the black line. Here's an example of our perfectly engineered "car" doing its job.


Even though we bounced backwards, since the car rolled back across the line we still won the race. Yea!

Our cars did really well because our eggs never broke. If you don't break you don't get eliminated. So we just kept racing & racing until finally we came out with 7th place for the Merriman Rotisserie & 9th place for the Pretty Racer. Pretty good, considering there were probably 30 cars there.I can't wait to see what Andy comes up with next year.


2 comments:

Mindi said...

I know they did the eggstravaganza every year before we split wards, but I never was able to go to one. I always wondered what it was all about. Kind of like the family Pinewood Derby. Very interesting. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Great job on the cars! That is so cute that Emma did so well!

Unknown said...

Fun times at the Merrimans!
You guys do so many neat things with your kids! Memories!!