I was lucky enough to be able to accompany Emma's class on their field trip to Sabino Canyon this week. 20 screaming kindergartners? What's not to love?
Emma learned the appropriate way to stroke a dead animal's fur. Blech!
We enjoyed a demonstration of how to make "Kindergarten Canyon" on "Acacia Mountain."
The nature hike was my favorite part by far. These little munchkins were just so cute spotting wildlife & documenting it on their little clipboards.
I enjoyed the scenery....
....while the kids learned how to examine "scat" for evidence of which creature it belongs to.
Emma is diggin' the poop demonstration!
(Don't I spend about 50% of my time telling my kids not to touch dead animals or play with poop? Now it's suddenly OK just because it's "nature?")
.
Emma enjoyed scraping minerals out of the wash with a magnet...
...and manipulating it with the magnet. Magic, right?
We worked our little brains so much...
...that we needed a little siesta during lunchtime at the park.
I'm so glad that I get to do this kind of stuff with my kiddos. I am blessed.
3 comments:
Field trips are fun aren't they. Looks like Emma had a great time, I'm with you and the dead animal and poop fiasco though. Gross.
How Fun!!! That looks like it would be right up my kids alley!
How Fun....sometimes I think waaaay too much of my "education" came on school field trips.
Glad that you got to go along!
Post a Comment