Thursday, August 13, 2009

We Have Tubes!!!

So this is my little Jack yesterday after being starved for almost 9 hours, with no naps all day long & being confined to the waiting and pre-op rooms of a surgery center for over an hour. He looks super cranky, huh?I think the other patients thought I was a little cuckoo, because I was having an impromptu photo shoot & giggling with the baby while everyone else was nervous & even crying before their surgeries.
Sorry, various sad-looking pre-op patients! He just looked so freakin' cute!
.
Anyways, he did awesome before & after the surgery.
One of his ears was, of course, super infected & filled with awful goop, which is now leaking out of the ear & down the side of his face (sorry, squeamish friends). But hey, it's not in the ear now, so I'm thrilled with it. Jack is already back to his happy, drooly self, & even wore the hearing aids already today. I thought they'd bother him, but he did just fine. Wish us luck with having no more ear infections!
.
And bonus, we get to see soon how this is going to affect his hearing. The Dr seems to think it's going to make a huge difference. Our audiologist, not so much. (I'm reserving judgement at this point.) Only time & testing will tell who's right, I guess.....

15 comments:

Amy Allred said...

I am glad to hear that things went well. I think that he was just happy having mommy all to himself! He prob. doesn't get that too much! We were going to call but were kindof busy with first day of school stuff. Sorry! Rusten misses his "Brank"! I should have sent him up with mom!

Rubalcavas said...

What a handsome little guys! He was probably the only person there who looked that good in a surgery gown!

Andi said...

Glad the surgery went well. I had tubes as a child and it made a difference with my ear infections. So, hopefully it will to for your adorable little boy.

Mindi said...

Okay Kris. He is so stinken cute in his little gown!! How could you not take pictures of that. I am so glad that it went well. It always amazed me how much stuff came out of my kids ears the first day or two after the tubes. Makes you feel so bad that they were so miserable before. I too hope this helps the hearing!!

Ashlie said...

Yay, for tubes! That has got to feel a lot better, poor kid!

Unknown said...

So glad that all went well with the tubes...that little guy is really something else and we pray constantly that you will be guided in the decisions that affect his hearing & life.
I know that you will be.
He (and ALL the kids) are growing so fast!!!

Cheryl said...

Glad the surgery went well! I hope and pray that it will help with his hearing. Cute little guy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, tubes are wonderful. Between at least three of my kids we had eight sets placed. When Beck was two he got his third set and they took his adnoids too. He finally able to verbalize coherently. Oh, yah, he stopped biting too because he could finally communicate. Jake got his third set when he was seven. They put T-tubes in. One of them is still there and he's eleven. Gotta luv tubes!

Taber

Luke & Erica said...

Kris I am so glad that he did so well. I am just going to pray and hope that everything resolves itself and that you see an improvement. You are so strong and so is your little Jack, just like mom.

Kenningtons said...

9 hours with no food!!! WHAT???!!! They should have had the surgery first thing in the morning so you wouldn't have to starve him. That on it's own would have been torturous!! He certainly does look chipper, though!!! I will be praying all goes well with his tubes!!

Rachel said...

What a good kid. I do love the silly grin. I'm with you, tubes will help and he will continue to hear more and more. It's called Faith and Hope. Mom's have to have it, Doctors don't, they reserve their optimism for billings and such.

Hilary said...

Those pictures are adorable. What little trooper! I made Greg take pictures in the ER when Jayden went too. Those are some of Jayden's favorite pics to look at now. Even if you look a little strange taking them, it's worth it. I hope those tubes are working out for Jack, that you had a great birthday, and are having a blast on vacation!

Shannon Harris said...

I would have totally been taking pictures too!!!!! And believe you me, I would not have been that happy after not eating. I hope this helps his hearing! Thank goodness he's happy-- leaks and all!

Cara said...

I hope the tubes are as effective as you're hoping. It's no fun having a sick baby. He does look dang cute!

Anonymous said...

What a good boy! So glad things went well. Hope that is does help with his hearing too.