Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Past

Wow. Christmas feels like it was forever ago! But since we haven't documented it yet, here's a quick rundown of our holiday.
.
We spent Christmas Eve in Safford at my grandparents' house. It's a family tradition that goes back since before I can remember, and we drive down every other year to take part- it honestly just doesn't feel much like Christmas without Grandma Joy's enchiladas & dump punch. Santa also came to visit & brought gifts for all of the kids. We had so much fun seeing all the family, and stayed longer than we should have before we hit the road to drive home that night.
.
Very few people seem to understand why we always come home on Christmas Eve instead of staying in Safford where all the family is from. But there's just something about having Christmas morning in your own living room that makes all the difference. Besides, we're still at the "how will Santa find us if we're not at home?" stage.

We made a quick pit stop at Grandmother Ford's house to collect some YUMMY chocolates & change into our Christmas PJ's before we headed home.

Santa brought us lots of cool stuff! A GeoTrax for Frank, a bike for Emma, and a crib toy for Jack. And a big THANK YOU to everyone that sent us presents & goodies. I never feel more blessed than when I look at this scene every year on Christmas Eve. We are so loved!I wasn't going to share too many pics of the kids & presents, but I just had to post this one of my big girl. Look how skinny her arms & legs look with the pads on! What a cutie.These were one of my favorite presents- Frank chose them himself!We passed away the afternoon with the gingerbread house & playing with all of our cool new stuff. I like to do the gingerbread house on Christmas afternoon because we're always bored, and then the kids have a limited time to pick off the candy before I pitch it in the trash. Emma actually ate so much frosting & candy that she up-chucked. Fun Christmas memories!Grandma especially enjoyed trying to build the ranch house out of Lincoln Logs. Christmas night we had our big party. We had Grandma & Grandpa, the Korn kids, Butch's family, and Robyn & kids. Thanks to everyone that came- we had a great time & some KILLER food.Jake, Hailey, & Eric. These 3 were acting like little kids all night long- tormenting & teasing each other. It was great to see, and it was nice to have Jake home from Montana for the holiday.I thought Sharissa was going to cream him, but Eric actually won! My little Christmas gift. Hi Aunt Robyn- or as Frank says, "Aunt Wobby."
Our holiday was fantastic, and we couldn't ask for better family or friends. A late Happy Holidays to everyone!

3 comments:

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

I loved all these Christmas photos of everyone it is great to see you ALL having a blast.. I love the last picture of Robbie.. she looks so beautiful.

I know you weren't thrilled about taking your Christmas photos but the one on your blog at the top is great.. I can't believe it turned out so well with 3 kids.. heck, I can barely smile and keep my eyes open in photos and the more people you add the harder it gets.. it looks great... How is Andy doing now after the surgery? Did is go pretty well? HOw long will he be off of work to rest?

Hope things are going well for your family. Love ya.

Smiles,
tamara

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

It is nice to see all the kids together.. I sure do miss them.

Love,
tam

Mindi said...

Christmas Eve at the grandparents, how fun. That was our family tradition. I still miss it being so far away. Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas with lots of family.