Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Back in the Loop!

These last few weeks have been almost unbearable. Horror of horrors, we had no computer! Our processor fan went out, and after searching far & wide, we had to order one from our computer manufacturer. Then they sent us some little metal piece that only cost $11, but was the completely wrong part. Well, $60 and another week of waiting later, we are connected to the world again!
.
I can't even believe how many times a day I have a thought about looking up something on the Internet, or go to check my e-mail. I feel like I've been living in a black cave with no clue as to what was going on out there where you all are! But the worst thing was that I do ALL of my money management & bill paying online. I knew that I had bills due, but I literally didn't know what was due when, or how to get it paid, because I don't get paper statements for most of my bills. AAAAHHHHH!! These last 2 days have been torture, knowing that I NEEDED to get on the computer & pay the people who so nicely provide us with water, electricity, and insurance. Luckily none of the bills were late, and after 2 hours on the computer balancing the checkbook (I had been putting it off over the holidays, and so it hadn't been balanced since Dec. 15!!!!), all is well in the Merriman banking world. I plan to sit down tomorrow & get everything down on paper so that this doesn't ever happen again. Ugh.
.
And, since we're back up & running, I'll finally get to post some Christmas pics, and tell of our fun times lately. (Insert sarcasm here.) But that'll have to be tomorrow, I have the great need of some chocolate right now. C-ya!

7 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

I loved the Christmas card. What a wonderful idea, having your kids all dressed up. They looked adorable.

Glad to see that your back blogging. It's so painful and frustrating to be without a computer. It so funny how unconnected to the world you feel.

How's Andy feeling after his surgery? Tam said that mom said that Andy might be getting laid off? Do you know any more yet, when, why and what will you guys do? Oh we have been through so much for the past 3 years. I just hate to see anyone else have to go through some of the same things. Even if it has been the best 3 years of growth and learning for our family.

Mindi said...

Yeah, I'm glad you are back! I was just thinking about online banking the other day. I need to back myself up with something printed out. If our computer went out, I too would be lost.

Kenningtons said...

*BIG sigh of relief* I was really starting to worry about you when I hadn't seen you update for so long! I'm so happy to know it was a computer problem and not something else.....Looking forward to Christmas pics!!!

Lisa said...

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

Unknown said...

We've missed you...your Dad says (quite often) "These girls need to update their blogs more often. I don't know what is happening with them otherwise."
Imagine that...YOUR dad commenting on stale blogs...oh the wonders of modern technology.
Looking forward to pics too.

Casey said...

Welcome Back!

Rachel said...

The family photo is very cute! It was fun to see you today doing the drive by... hey Casey isn't that Kris :) I totally hear you on the computer usage. I would be so lonely without ours.