Sunday, December 28, 2008

Time to take a break!

Oh, man! If I could only explain to you how tired & drained we are at our house! The past 2 weeks have been filled to the brim with every conceivable sort of activity & trip. We literally have not had 1 day that didn't have a Dr's appointment, errands to run, or multiple projects scheduled. So now that the big stuff is over, I finally have a moment to sit down & just breathe for a few moments. After that, I'm going to attempt to document our craziness for all of you out there in blog-world.
My mantra for the past few weeks has been "One Day at a Time." After you read this, I'm sure you'll understand why.
.
OK, I'm ready. But where to begin? We've had 4 Mondays so far this month, and a Dr's appointment scheduled on each one. Throw in one on a Wednesday, and that's over $100 in co-pays & a LOT of driving back & forth into town. Yikes! But nearly everybody is perfectly healthy, and Emma's asthma is well-controlled for now. I say "nearly everybody" because Andrew gets to have another surgery on his hernia that never healed correctly, so that'll be fun to go through all over again. We've made countless trips to town to finish up last-minute Christmas details, and have spent countless hours wrapping presents & finishing up all of our Christmas "projects."

Here's just a sampling of some of our projects:

Making hats & scarves for the whole family for Winterhaven & the temple lights.
Finishing up the kids' Christmas quilts.Mixing up TONS of chocolates for goodie boxes for family & friends. Add to this a little cinnamon candy & they were finally done at about 2:00 am on December 23.

Gotta do the Santa cookies!
We've also been gone from home to attend a wedding, had family & friends visit us here, made 2 excursions to Winterhaven, and made a flying trip to Safford for Christmas Eve with the family. Add in the festivities for Emma's b-day & I'm exhausted even thinking about it all.
So that's a small sampling of what's been going on. I'll try to go into more details in subsequent posts. (If I can stay awake that long!)

5 comments:

Andi said...

Ok, I'm exhausted just looking at your Chirstmas quilts. The homemade chocolates almost pushed me over the edge... ;) Happy Recovering!

Amy Allred said...

The chocolate and especially CANDY was well apreciated!!! Thanks again for making our Christmas great. We love the FHE stuff and the fireplace video.

Dana said...

Thank you so much for the goodie box full of my fav kind of candy.

Mindi said...

Wow Kris. You were really busy. I love the scarves and hats. Great picture too. I hope you had a nice relaxing Christmas day!

Casey said...

You are so busy did you finally settle down now that the holidays are over?