Once again, Jack missed out on all the fun!
This year, I also talked Andrew into put up lights on the house. Well, maybe the 9 boxes of lights that I bought & just sat on the counter had something to do with it. Can't let 'em go to waste, right? He refused to let me take pictures, because he was convinced that he was about to fall to his death the entire time. Did I mention that Andrew is afraid of heights?
We were sneaky & put them up while the kids were napping & turned them on before we left for Emma's school potluck. We had this grand vision of coming up the drive & the kids just going nuts. Well, not so much. All we came home to was a dark house & blown fuses in the light strands. So Andrew fixed it. The kids got to scream for all of 3 minutes before the fuse blew again. (At about this time, Andrew is mumbling something about how he'd like to strangle me with these darn lights.) Anyway, after some consultation with his electrician father & some extra extension cords, we have pretty Christmas lights on our house & 2 VERY happy kids. And I must admit, 1 very happy mom. What's Christmas without Christmas lights? What a dad- Thank You, & we love you!
5 comments:
How fun. I loved Christmas lights as a kid.
Please remind Andrew that these are the memories that you'll have of these years...so that one day you can look back and say "What were we thinking?!"
How funny!!! I right there with Andrew on the heights thing...I'm not so much afraid of being up high but I am OUT-OF-MY-MIND TERRIFIED of falling!!! Which is why I am perfectly fine in airplanes but too afraid to go anywhere near the ferris wheel line-yes, even just standing in line is enough to push me over the edge(oh, and make me wet my pants a little bit!).
I still love all the Christmas lights! Such cute pictures.
FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment