We have been SO busy this last week! Yes, I'm still preggers, and am told at least 3 times a day by my 2 year-old that my belly is "just so big!" I would be offended, but it's true. This little munchkin is growing like a weed, and he's sticking straight out front. So I FEEL a lot more fat & uncomfortable than I did with either of my other 2 kids. I'm down to counting days at this point, so much so that I've even considered starting to cross off the days on a calendar. But that's a little extreme, don't you think?
.
I went to the Dr. this morning for my 35 wk checkup, and I'm already dialated to a 1! I know that sounds pathetic to most of you, but it's huge for me. I wasn't dialated AT ALL when I went in to be induced with Emma. I think I was at a fingertip when I went in for Frank. So at least things are starting to move! Andrew thinks that this little boy has already started to drop, so maybe I'll have 1 kid without having to be induced. Although, I must say that I LOVE being able to schedule with family members, babysitters, etc.
.
I'm starting to get really scared for the labor part of this whole ordeal. The memories of Frank's delivery are coming back, and my fears about passing another kid past my broken tailbone are starting to overwhelm me. I had a long conversation with my Dr. last week, and unfortunately there's not much they can do for me beyond the epidural. I have seen my pain specialist, and he wanted to do injections right before labor, but those shots in my booty hurt for weeks last time, and made both of my legs numb for days after I got them. I'm not sure which option is better- excruciating pain or being so numb that you walk crooked for weeks. Hmmmmm.... Basically, I'm screwed no matter what I do, so I'm going to try and tough it out. Of course, I can always just schedule a C-Section, but I have no idea why my doctor thinks that trading that kind of incision pain & recovery time is any better than just dealing with my broken butt! I'm just going to have faith that I can do this. Pioneer women did this with no meds in the back of moving wagons, right?
.
We've spent a lot of time getting the house ready for baby Jack. We cleaned out the den & made a flying trip to Ikea to get a little armoire for his nursery. Frank & Emma had a blast helping Daddy put it together.
The only problem with cleaning out that room is that now we have a gun cabinet, 2 sets of golf clubs, and 1 rather large "Aurora horse" that are without homes. This is Emma every night during her breathing treatments now.
I've managed to get all of the baby's laundry washed, and have been crossing things off of my "getting ready for baby" list almost every day. (Yes, Eric, a list, check!) I feel so accomplished! It's such a change from feeling fat & lazy all day, every day! I think that this whole baby thing is starting to get a lot more real for the kids. Frank told some guy at Target that we were buying our stuff for "my baby Jack." The checkout lady & the guy were laughing hysterically because Frank was rubbing my belly the whole time he talked to them.
.
We've been so on the ball at our house that we've already started- (dare I say it?) Christmas shopping! We've made our list, checked it twice, and started to make piles of presents in the guest room. I am so proud of myself. Now if I can just get Halloween costumes done in the next week or so, I will truly think myself a superwoman.
.
The only problem with all of this wonderful progress is- I NEED A NAP!!!!!!!
7 comments:
It sounds like the "last month nesting syndrome" has kicked in. I think that Father in Heaven gives women this "last push" of energy because he knows that very soon you will have no energy, no time and certainly no desire to get anything more than breakfast dishes done.
Hooray for you...and I'm here to help.
Mom
Wow, you are a superwoman!! I feel accomplished these days just getting myself showered and the kids off to school. That about does me in for the day. Keep us posted on the pregnancy!
Good luck with everything...I hope it happens for you soon. I wouldn't recommend the whole c-section thing...the recovery is terrible and takes way too long!
You motivated me Kris. I sat down and had a date with my palm pilot last night. Together we organized and mapped out all our doings for the next few months. Ah . . . now that feels better. Now if I can just remember to open it and look once in a while. ;)
Hang in there Kris. The best place for Jack right now is snuggled down in your pelvis (ouch). I can't wait until he gets here.
Love, Dana
Perfect timing! I was just wondering about you today and how all is going with your pregnancy. Amazing all that you are getting done!! How on earth did you break your tail bone and why has it not healed?! I hope everything works out with this delivery!!!
now show us a belly pic Kris!!!!! I never dialated either so I understand. Good for you for being productive!
Post a Comment