Well, we have a winner!
.
The only person that guessed right was SHAWNA!!
.
OK- let me elaborate. Last month when my family was camping on Mt. Graham, my sis-in-law Amanda made fried zucchini & okra. She used pancake mix as the batter, just seasoning it a little, and it tasted great! I watched her do it, and even helped fry the veggies. So this week I thought I'd make this up at home-using the exact same ingredients & method.
.
Amanda's turned out like typical fried zucchini, with a light, yummy crust. Mine somehow poofed up so that they were the size of donuts or scones. They tasted great, but just didn't look right. Also, in reality they were fried just right. I'm not sure why they looked so brown (or overdone as Andi suggested) in this picture.
.
Well, what can I do? I'm just not destined to be successful in the kitchen. Luckily my family accepts me for what I am, and just quietly eats whatever disaster I happen to put on their plate that evening. At least in this case the food only looked weird, but didn't taste that way. I optimistically believe that if I keep plugging away, eventually I'll be a decent cook (even if it does happen by accident!)
3 comments:
Yesssssss! I am so cool!
I don't think they looked bad. I would have eaten it in a heart beat. I love fried zucchini!
I wish I would have seen it before the time was up! I definitely knew exactly what it was as many of my cooking adventures with z. looked the same!! So keep plugging away--there is no secret I have discovered...just sometimes it looks great and other times it just tastes great!
Hey...nearly anything FRIED is good. Me and Paula Deen.
Hang in there with the cooking...do you remember me making corn fritters and them being so heavy they could have been door stops?
It just takes practice.
Mom
Post a Comment