Monday, November 26, 2007

Sick Siblings

Well, it must be "that time of year". Andrew had strep throat just over a week ago, Frank has been sick since last week, and Emma has now succumbed to some mystery disease that has decided to plague our household. I took Frank to the pediatrician this morning and was very dismayed to hear the diagnosis of "I don't know what's wrong with him." That's not something you want to hear when your son has been sick for a whole week. He has lots of fluid in his ears, so they're going to treat him for that and see if it helps the rest of his symptoms. The thing that worries me now is that he has started with wheezy lungs and a terrible croupy cough. He sounds exactly like Emma does. She started feeling yucky a couple of days ago and ran a fever all day yesterday. Unfortunately, with her asthma, no illness can be quick or easy. Last night she began wheezing and coughing, and I knew we were in for trouble. She is now totally miserable, and we've started the every-two-hour breathing treatments to keep her from getting worse. Could we possible have the amazing luck to have 2 kids with asthma? I can only pray that Frank's respiratory problems are only related to this illness, and that he'll clear up soon. I would hate to think of him having to deal with the same things his sister does. Ahh, the trials of life!

No comments: