Tuesday, March 12, 2013

January!

What a crazy month!  January brought our family's first experience with organized sports.  Shocking, I know!  Especially since this Mommy played basketball & softball from the time she was 4!
 
But it took a phone call from a panicked friend who needed another player for their flag football team to make us jump into the fray.  And it turned out great!
 
Frank knew absolutely nothing about football, (I guess he doesn't watch with Mommy like I thought he did) but he caught on quick & soon decided that he loved it.
 
This is what I found one night after coming home from a date with my hubby.
Gee, can you tell he was excited for the next day's game?
 

Frank wasn't the fastest or strongest player on the team, but he worked hard & learned a lot.  Poor kid was robbed of a touchdown no less than 4 times this season.  He'd get within about 6 inches of the goal line & somebody would pull his flag.  He's informed me that next year he will DEFINITELY score a touchdown.  The extra points he scored obviously didn't satisfy his appetite for the end zone.
 
 
James REALLY wanted to put the belt on & go play!
This kiddo LOVES football!  He hikes the ball, can throw a decent pass & cheers like there's no tomorrow.
I guess being in my belly while I watched 3 months of nonstop football ingrained him with a serious affection for the game!
 
 
In other news:
Isn't it so embarrassing when you have to scream for Mommy & Daddy to come save you after you got stuck while trying to steal your brother's Pokemon cards?
 
 
 January was also the first of 2 CRAZY weather months around here.
First it was so warm we made our own pond to swim in.

 
Then it started raining- and what's more fun than jumping on the trampoline in the rain in your PJs?
(In January?  Really?  You'll notice this pic is taken from INSIDE!)
 
 
Then the rain turned into some serious ice.  It took the car over 40 minutes to heat up enough to melt the ice on the doors so that we could take the kids to school!
 
 
But we really had no idea just how crazy the weather was about to get!
To be continued....

3 comments:

Mindi said...

The weather is serious crazy! What cute pictures of flag football! So sweet that he would sleep in his uniform. Love that you documented the pokemon card stealing attempt. HA!

Casey said...

Frank looks so great out there playing.

Cara said...

We have yet to venture into organized sports. Nathan is asking to play teeball and I'm not sure I'm willing to take the plung.