Sunday, September 23, 2012

It Works, It Really, Really Works!

Well, of course I knew that it would work, I just had no idea how easy it would be!!
 
As a hard-core canner, I have always done the traditional "stock up on fruit-set aside a whole day-sweat & slave for hours-make a GINORMOUS mess-boiling water everywhere" type of canning.
 
But no more!  Now that I have a steam canner & my new FreshTech, all is different!
 
From frozen juice & fresh fruit to strawberry jam, apple jelly & grape jelly, these 9 jars were 4 batches in my FreshTech & took about 2 hours start to finish.  That's amazing!  And YUMMY!!

I watched a movie while the jam was cooking.
I took a shower while the apple jelly was workin' its stuff.
Oh, and I threw the grape jelly in just for fun & let the boys watch it turn & turn while I did dishes.

This is fun- I think I'll make some more tonight!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

I was hoping you would do a follow up post about that purchase! I want to see that thing in action sometime. I am feeling quite tempted to get one...

Kenningtons said...

Oh wow! That's really a neat contraption! I had some of the best homemade jam of my life not long ago and it got me thinking that I should really start making some myself. With your contraption maybe I wouldn't be so intimidated.

Mom said...

fun...you're right that it is a whole lot of work "normally" but this looks like you might actually use it on a regular basis. I have a cookbook with a whole lot of different jams & jelly recipes...

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what a Fresh Tech is. CAn you come teach me how to do this? I really need to do this on my own and feel confident. You seem like a master at it!!

Casey said...

Wow next time you are ready to do it again call me I want to come watch and learn more! :)

Cara said...

Those are beautiful jars! What's FreshTech? I've never heard of it.