Sunday, July 1, 2012

Alone Time? What's That?

No, seriously.  Andy & I have been married for almost 12 years & have never gone on a getaway.  Never.  Pathetic, right?


But we remedied that- well, actually I bullied him into not inviting the kids when we went to Oceanside, CA for 3 days last month.

Andy was learning how to do some awesome concrete work & Mommy just hung out on the beach, ate by herself, slept in, & pretty much didn't know what to do with herself!


This might be the worst picture of us I've ever put on this blog!  But it's all I got.


 We spent some time watching this father-daughter team doing stunt-surfing.  (I don't think that's what it's called, but I'm from AZ, what do you expect?)


And as we had a  most amazing meal at a fabulous restaurant, with no spills, screams, or high chairs, we watched sea lions play in the harbor & wished that we lived on this little houseboat.  And people really did!  They ate at our restaurant & then went home, just about 50 feet away.  It was awesome.

Sigh- I think I need to plan another, longer getaway for our anniversary in October.  This trip just whetted my appetite to hang out with my hubby all by our lonesomes!  I think I'd forgotten how much fun we really are!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Glad you got a moment away! Sometimes you need those to remind you how much fun you can be without kids. Yes, plan one for your anniversary! :)

Casey said...

Jeff and I got our first in 11 years last year and it was amazing and I keep trying for another and it just doesn't ever happen! One of these days that is what I keep thinking. Good luck for October! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was time for a ONLY parents trip. Good for you for making it happen! Sleeping in? Was it amazing? :) Looks like fun!!