And does Mt. Lemmon have a family cabin where we can play with cousins, visit with grandparents, & enjoy ourselves for an entire afternoon, knowing & waving at pretty much every person that drives past?
Definitely not.
And does Vail have Nana's house, where Uncle Tanner can teach the older cousins the proper way to set off explosives (OK- fireworks), while the little ones slip & slide their way into an exhausted oblivion? Most certainly not!
Do the deputies in Pima County ignore the giant explosions of color launching over every property in the vicinity because, let's face it, they were the ones setting off those fireworks not too many years ago?
I don't think so!
Yup- our 4th of July this year was pretty dang perfect.
2 comments:
So glad you had such a great 4th of July. I shouldn't have read that. I was already emotional and homesick. There definitely is nothing like a small-town parade and spending time in the dirt with relatives. That is how I grew up. Now, I live in the small town but there is no "small town" feel about it except maybe seeing people we now at the school.
It WAS perfect...wasn't it? We were so glad to have everyone here enjoying what the valley has to offer and glad to know that you guys are able to come and enjoy!
Post a Comment