Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May-hem

Since May is over, it must be time to document it!
Starting with the Frank-man's b-day.

What do you do when it's 4:30 pm on your kid's birthday & he remembers that somewhere in a box in some room, there is a Donald Duck cake pan?

What do you do when he discloses that it is his heart's most sincere desire that you find said cake pan & create a Donald Duck cake, because he only turns 6 once?

Well, I don't know about you, but with a huge smile on my face, I dug out the pan & set to work with all of the enthusiasm in my little body.

Well, that's what I'm claiming on the blog anyways.
Frank ended up blissfully happy, so I don't think he'll remember any different.

Yes, I know you'll think we're pathetic because we've never Skyped before.  But now we have & the kids think they're really cool because they can call Daddy & Grandma on the computer.

So on Frank's birthday Daddy had lots of fun watching Mommy sweat for an hour trying to put together Frank's GIANT slot car set.  Then he got to give her pointers on how to fix it because it was broken.  Then he got to watch her pack it up & put it back in the box to take back to the store because it was REALLY broken.  Aaahhh, the wonders of technology.
Next up was Field Day at the school, with Mommy getting to volunteer for most of the day.  Yay!
Is it just me or does that skinny little girl running hurdles remind you of anyone?

Mother's Day.
Daddy got home at 6 am, but before he went to bed he made sure that the kids knew to give me my presents & shower me with affection.  I like having older kids that know why Mother's Day is supposed to be special!

Do you like the corsage that Emma made me at Activity Days?  I felt so loved!
Emma's class took a field trip to the zoo to visit the new baby elephant.  Mommy got to go to that too!  It was at about this point in the month that Mommy's energy started to fail her.  Suck it up, Mommy!  It's only May 9!
The solar eclipse was a high point for us.  This really fascinated the kids & we spent a solid 2 hours watching the eclipse on the computer & with our fancy viewing boxes.  I thought that I was clear when I instructed the kids not to look DIRECTLY at the sun, but for some reason Emma thought that if she looked anywhere but directly at the ground, she'd go blind.  She ran around outside with her hands over her eyes, bumping into things all afternoon.  Silly girl!
Next up was the "Drive-In Movie" for Frank's class.  We spent a few days constructing this sweet ride, & it's now a family favorite toy.  James especially loves to sit in it & scream until one of his siblings pushes him around the house.  :)
Mommy even braved the chaos of "Last Blast" with all 4 kids.  It was a little hectic, but we made it through.  Gotta love any event where the ice cream is free & all of your kids win stuff without even having to buy raffle tickets!
So that's most of the month- bringing us right up to the madness of the last week of school.  What am I going to do when they're ALL in school & the chaos has doubled?

Maybe I'll be so crazy by then that the craziness won't even get to me!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Good job Mommy for not taking the slot car and box and throwing it all in the garbage and then lighting the garbage can on fire! :)

I like how you keep going and going!!!

Mom said...

It's a wonder that ANY of you are still standing after a month like that!
Hooray for summer!!

Kenningtons said...

Why is May always so crazy?! And I don't even have kiddos in school yet! I cracked up when your energy failed you come May 9. So funny!! And yes, that skinny girl jumping hurdles is a total flashback for me. It's going to be so fun for you to watch your mini make her momma proud out on the track.

Anonymous said...

I like the one of Emma bounding over the hurdles! Looks like May was another fun-filled month!