Monday, April 30, 2012

130 Pounds of GROSS!

That's how much chicken I cooked & cleaned off the bones today.  Too bad it doesn't STAY 130 pounds, huh?  That would really last us a while.  We used our awesome camp stove outside under the awesome new pop-up shade that we just got & next to the awesome new folding table that came to live with us recently.  I really am feeling like such a grown-up!

So tomorrow we will drive to Safford & get it all canned.  We are excited to go spend time with my grandparents again- they make canning in this kind of bulk fun!

And I just keep telling myself "You won't have to do this again for a LONG time!"  Thank goodness for that, because these hands are sore, dry, shriveled, & even have a blister on them from the knife I was using.  I would never make it as a real pioneer!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Well...the pioneer woman would first had to catch the chicken, wring it's neck, bleed and pluck it and THEN cook and clean it. Glad that it's all better than that!
So proud that you take the time and energy to provide for your family.

Anonymous said...

You are awesome.. Your house probably smells like chicken parts, but hey, now you'll have LOTS of meals ready to go.