Friday, July 22, 2011

Summertime Adventures



This summer was so great!!!!

I took the list we compiled at the end of school last year & every week we chose something new to do.

Here are some highlights:

Young Women's Campout- Emma & James got to tag along with Mommy

Giant fish, canoeing, S'Mores- Awesome.Do you like my life vest? It was Emma's size. :)The Children's Museum. So fun!!!




Brandi Fenton Splash pad- this place is so great that we went more than once!


Swimming, Swimming, Swimming.

Oh, and did I mention swimming?

We ordered 30, yes 30, pounds of Zaycon bacon.

I've always liked bacon, but this stuff isn't even in the same galaxy as the junk I've always bought at the grocery store. I will never go back.


Basketball camp.

154 kids, 3 days, 1 t-shirt, 1 ball, all for FREE?

Good thing it was a church putting it on, because I was thinkin' "God bless these folks" the whole time!July 4th in Safford-

Parade


Water fun at Nana's- this is the "Bike Wash" Uncle Dave made.

Patriotic cousin fun- isn't little Alexis so cute?

And somehow we even managed to fit in 2 weeks of swimming lessons with some young women from our ward. I now have 3 fish living at my house.


Mt. Lemmon was closed for almost the whole summer because of the fire danger, so we rushed right up to the cooler climes as soon as it was opened back up.


The Cookie Cabin in Summerhaven has cookies as big as a person's head!





Not represented in these pics would be our trip to the The Cove. For the 2nd time, I forgot my camera. Just imagine skinny little Emma bailing off the high dive & the first thing you see coming up out of the water is her thumbs-up. As soon as her head popped up she started screaming "I did it!" Now picture Frank diving head-first & not quite getting his head down, so he was belly-flopping every time. Totally classic. The lifeguards were definitely enjoying my kiddos. James REALLY loved the wave pool. He would wriggle his whole body & throw his head back & laugh every time a wave passed. But Jack just wanted to spend all his time in the warm therapy pool. I can't wait to go back.

In fact, I can't wait to do all of this stuff again. Fall break can't get here soon enough!

5 comments:

Casey said...

Sounds like fun times! You are great to take your kids all over I never want to leave the house with four kids! :0)

Cheryl said...

What fun summer hangouts! My poor kiddos have just had the pool to go to with not much else. Having a newborn changes things a bit. :) I can't believe they are in school alreadyd! We start 4 weeks from Monday. Love all the pictures! Can't believe how big Frank looked asleep on the couch!

Anonymous said...

What fun things you guys did! I love the idea of a cookie the size of my head. I need to give that place a try. You are such a fun mom!

Mindi said...

Looks like an awesome summer Kris! Those cookies look good. I need to get up there and get one! We went to the Cove Saturday for the first time. The kids had a blast but the slides and diving pool were closed. I would probably have not made the drive if I had known that but I think we will go back. Glad you had such a great summer!

Kenningtons said...

I sort of need that bike wash just to hang out in. That thing is awesome!