I remember thinking this last year, and it was true again this year. We started with a Joy School party, had a play & trick-or-treating at ASDB, a storybook parade for Emma, & rounded it all out with a Halloween carnival at a very friendly church.
Whew!
.
I'm pretty easygoing about letting the kiddos choose what they want to be. We park it in Jo-Ann's & they look through the pattern books until they see something that they just can't live without.
.
This year they came up with a clown:
a firefighter:
(courtesy of Costco- seriously, $22? No way I could make it for that!)
and a mermaid.
Do you have any idea how many modest mermaid costumes there are in the pattern books? Exactly ONE. Except that Emma didn't like the skirt that went with the modest top. So Mommy got to cut up 1 pattern to make the top & alter the skirt pattern from a size 8 to a size 4 so that Emma could be the beautiful mermaid she envisioned.
.
Sheesh- the things we do for our kids!
Somehow Mommy got the time wrong for the ward trunk-or-treat, so by the time we got there 20 minutes late, the kids got just about zero candy & even less trick-or-treating experience. So we stopped by a little church festival & they played the silly carnival games to their heart's content. Hey- we even got a free horse & buggy ride!
Do you think Jack had fun?
I gotta say- I love Halloween!
7 comments:
The costumes are awesome kris! It is fun when they are little to make sweet costumes, less fun when they are older and want to be scary....
Dont ever get rid of them, you have the grandkids covered!
Great costumes I wish I had the know how to make things like that.
Same here!
Trunk or Treat candy definitely goes fast! Glad there was a carnival to go to. The kids look so cute in their costumes. You did a great job on them Kris! You never seem to stop amazing me with all you can do!
I love them all!!
How funny...Rusten was a firefighter too...
It looks like Jack really did party 'till he pooped out!
Girl I didn't know you could sew! Good for you! Wait to stick to modesty Mom, it's extra work and money but it's worth it!
Post a Comment