Which is better?
Getting to bring home a year's supply of Grandma Joy's salsa?
(Look- there's my prego belly!)
(32 weeks- only 8 more to go!)
Or my kiddos getting to make the same kind of memories that I have of my grandparents from when I was young?
(The kids picking jalapenos with Grand-Papa.) Both are so wonderful, I can't choose.
We've gone to Safford 2 times in the last month- once to can green chiles & once to can salsa with my grandparents.
It's so much fun to spend time with them & see them interact with my children.
.
Jack LOVES Grandma Joy & yells & screams with excitement whenever he sees her.
Andy & Emma were awesome cooks.
Frank & Jack, not so much. But then, I guess 2 & 4 year olds have different priorities.
(Like playing cars & trucks in the fountain.)
Afterward, we ran up to Angle's Orchard to pick up some apples to can this week.
Wow- there are green places in AZ! 
One apple? No way- I need 2!!
We are so blessed that my kids have the opportunity to know so many of their great-grandparents.
3 comments:
How awesome! I grew up knowing both my grandparents and great grandparents and spending moments with them like this. I sure wish my kids could get the chance to know theirs they way I did. I'm sure they will have those memories forever!! 32 weeks....getting close!!
I am SOOOO jealous of a family that cans like yours! I did not grow up in the "mormon culture", and feel like I am just figuring things out!
Once that baby comes, and you feel better, I need some lessons on how to be a super-mom like you!
How fun! We opened a bottle of salsa last night (Joy's gift to Dad) and had it on tacos! Yum!!
When you guys come over you really manage to pack a LOT into the trip. So glad you were here for Travis' party too. That Pinata was just too funny!
Hang in there....
Post a Comment