Monday, September 27, 2010

Choo-Choo, Jack is 2!!!

My Jack-a-boo turned 2 yesterday.
Just what exactly did we do with ourselves before we had this kiddo?
.
On Saturday we ran up to Phoenix to go to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. He was in heaven with the train going around & around us as he played.Forget the 108 degree heat- we're Arizonans, right?
(There's your pic of my 30-week belly.)
.
Next we stopped by Bass Pro Shop to look at the fish (for 45 solid minutes). Jack was entranced- I think Daddy needs to take him fishing!
Daddy had fun wheeling me around places in a wheelchair- not too much walking for this supposed-to-be-on-bedrest Mama. It did get a little hairy, though, when the kids attempted to cruise me through IKEA. Yikes!!
.
It's been another eventful pregnancy for me, but my Dr. has now given me some fantastic medicine that makes me think I just might make it through this pregnancy with my sanity intact. Yay for modern meds! (You never mentioned how great this stuff works, Nicole!)
.
Then yesterday we took it easy & celebrated at home.
Jack got more than 1 choo-choo toy, & was in heaven.I would like you to notice Mr. Monkey (his only non-train present) sitting on the couch to help Jack open presents. Grandma & Grandpa got him for Jack from Build-a-Bear......
(LOVE THIS PIC!!!)
and now Jack won't go anywhere without him.
And since Jack is so obsessed with choo-choos, Daddy just had to make him a choo-choo cake.What a good Daddy we have at our house.
.
WE LOVE YOU, JACK!!!!

9 comments:

Hilary said...

30 weeks?! From that angle you don't even look pregnant! And we need to talk. I had no idea you are on bedrest. Let me know if you need anything.

You guys look like you still had a great time even if you aren't feeling spectacular. Happy Birthday Jack!

Mindi said...

Oh he is just so cute! That build-a-bear box is hilarious....as big as he is. I'm glad you guys could have such great family time with him for his birthday. I've been wondering how you have been doing. I miss seeing you!

Gina Moody said...

Happy Birthday little Jack! Can't believe we haven't seen him since he was an infant!! Maybe when we come back in December, we can come up for winter haven again ;)! Your kids are so big, and so beautiful Kris! Can't wait for the new edition!!

Unknown said...

What a little man Jack has become! Happy Birthday Jack...Nana and Poppa love you!

Cheryl said...

I can't believe Jack is 2 already! He really is so cute! I love the last picture of him eating the cake! As for your belly, I think I need to see a closer up view... :)

Wendy said...

Glad you are feeling better and trying to get baby here later instead of earlier.

Jack is full of life!

Dana said...

So happy that Jack had a great birthday. He is so sweet.
It was fun to talk to Emma on Sunday and hear about her tooth. Welcome to the club Emma!!

Adrian said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!!! That looks like one FANTASTIC birthday!!

Nicole said...

That second picture of Jack is so delicious I just want to eat him up with kisses! (I never realized how fun it is to kiss babies until Jacob...)

Glad to hear you were using a wheelchair!! Isn't it great getting pushed around? ;) I didn't even realize those meds were so good - since I never stopped taking them even at night. haha. Love you!!!