Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Toothless Boo

Sitting at the dinner table on Sunday evening.
.
Emma: It's hard to eat my ribs with this tooth so loose!
.
Daddy: You want me to pull it out?
.
Emma: YES!!!
.
Mom: WHAT???
.
So, BEFORE:
(The last picture of my little girl.)
DURING:AFTER:
(It's official, she's all grown up. Cue Mommy's tears.)
She's been literally glowing for the past 2 days. I can't tell if it's because she's FINALLY just like all her cousins & classmates that have lost teeth or because the Tooth Fairy brought her a dollar.
.
Whatever the reason, she's ecstatic & Mommy is mourning the loss of her little angel. I can't exactly explain why, but it's like those tiny teeth were the last thing keeping her young. Sigh.....no more hiding it, she really is a big kid now.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Wow Kris. I never thought of it that way, but you are right! Thanks a lot. Now I am sad:) I still try and cuddle Isaac like he is my little baby. Lucky, he plays along every now and then. People aren't kidding when they say they grow up fast. She is such a beautiful girl!! Love the toothless smile.

Unknown said...

Just the start you know...it will all come along MUCH faster now! Hold on for the ride of your life!
Thanks for sharing...we got such a kick out of her call Sunday night, telling us the "good news".

Adrian said...

Emma is darling!! Good thing she is finally a big kid. Now you can put her to work while you're on bed rest! :)