Life is not always daisies & roses.
Our weekend, in fact, was more like sewer rats & root canals.
Enjoy knowing that this was not you!
.
1. Emma trips in the driveway on the way out on our family walk, impaling herself on her Popsicle stick. Bloody knees, scraped elbows, sore chest, the whole 9 yards..
2. On our family walk, Daisy the dog got HIT BY A TRUCK DRIVING 50+ mph.
.
3. Family walk, remember? The kids got to witness the whole gruesome event- I can't even begin to describe the hysteria. Horrific, just horrific.
.
4. While trying to hustle the kids into the shower to avoid the bloody dog outside, Jack gets cracked in the head with a cabinet door. More bruises & tears.
.
5. Mommy seriously overdoes it on Saturday. Costco, Wal-Mart, baptism, canning peaches. Yikes! Contractions already? Ugh- I am going to have to watch it so they don't stick me on bed rest again.
.
6. Sacrament talks on pornography, Beehive lesson on chastity. Super fun!
.
7. Jack gets swarmed by an ant hill of giant black ants. More than a dozen bites all over his body result in manic tears & scraping his body on the floor all over the house.
.
8. Allergic reaction to the ant bites! Where's the Benadryl??!!
.
I truly cannot wait for tomorrow to get here.
.
FYI- the dog is doing fine. She was heavily medicated & got to reside in the house with the humans for a while, but she's up, about, & chasing bunnies tonight. I think the prayers my kiddos & hubby were offering constantly had something to do with it. Seriously, after seeing that collision I can't even believe she's alive, much less healthy.
Want a SERIOUSLY TOUGH dog?
Get a heeler.
5 comments:
A big ((HUG)) from Aunt Dana to all involved in this weekend's events.
Wow, what a horrible weekend! That must have been so upsetting watching your dog be hit by a car! I'm so glad Daisy is doing better now. That's pretty amazing that she's up and about already.
At least you guys had church to lift your spirits right? ;) Giving the chastity talk to 12 year olds is always interesting. Greg just had to give that one in Deacons too. All I have to say is I'm glad it was you guys and not me!
Well, I hope the Benadryl kicks in and you can sleep off your terrible weekend and wake up to a great new week! Let me know if you need anything!
I am so sorry your week has been so horrible!
I am glad kids and pets are all okay, but I do know the feeling well of thinking you want to throw in the towel, and hide under your covers!
Take a deep breath and hope for the new week to bring a little stability and calm to the world!
Hang in there.....
Wow, that is definitely one of the worst weekends in history! You had to give the talk on pornography and the chastity lesson?? That doesn't seem fair. I'm sure you were awesome at both though!! So glad the dog is okay. Did the person who hit her stop?
Post a Comment