Monday, May 31, 2010

4 Years Old!

I am just now realizing that it has been just a few days short of a month since I've blogged. So much for the "my blog is my journal" theory. Slacker.
.
But here we go....
.
On May 8, Frank Monier turned 4. Of course, for the 3rd year in a row, he was at the Father & Son's campout on his birthday. So he got a cupcake with a candle, a balloon (that some kid immediately stabbed with a pocket knife), and a phone call from Mommy.

It wasn't until he got home that he got his REAL present. And it was "the best present ever" according to the grateful birthday boy.

Let me just explain for just a moment- I do NOT spend great amounts of $$$$ on my kids' presents. I think there is more worth in a well-thought-out gift than one that just cost a lot. However, this little boy is more than deserving of something a little more special than your garden variety birthday gift.
.
For the past 4 years Frank has been dragged from pulmonologists to ENT doctors, hearing exams, parent groups, parent teacher conferences & everything in between. And none of it has been for him! He endures the "middle child" position with as much grace as a 4 year old can muster. So I thought it was about time he had something just a little more special just for him. And this is what I came up with.
He's really good at sharing- is this just the cutest thing ever?

That night Grandma & Grandpa went out to eat with us to one of our favorite pizza joints. Even with all of us eating, we still took almost half of this pizza home. Yummy! Then we hit a car show & had some birthday dessert at our favorite dessert lounge. Even more yummy! Pretty much a perfect day for a pretty perfect kid.
Then a few days later we had a little birthday party with Frank's friends. It was transportation-themed & we had car painting, pin the wheels on the dump truck, Chugga-Chugga, Choo Choo (instead of Duck, Duck, Goose- SO CUTE!!)and plenty of cake. Thanks to all who came & made it special for my little man.

All in all, it was a great birthday for Frank. He is such an amazing spirit- I just know that the Lord has great things in store for this little guy.

We love you, Snugglebug!

7 comments:

Andi said...

That pizza is huge! I kind of want to know where you went so maybe we can go, but then again, the last thing I need is a pizza that big!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I'm totally blog surfing - popping over from Mindi Parkers. I think we all want to know where that giant pizza came from. WOW!!

Kris said...

That AMAZING pizza can be found at Mama's Famous Pizza. We go to the one on 22nd/Kolb.

Mindi said...

I was just going to ask if it was Mama's. I've heard about the big pizza but have never seen it. Much bigger than I expected!! What an awesome present for such a cute little boy! What a good mommy for seeing all the things he does!! I'm now wondering where the yummy dessert was at??

kellie said...

Mamas is the best...we have been going there for years. He is a sweet little boy and that awesome quad is good for family bonding...

Kenningtons said...

Such a sweet boy! He seems like he is really loving his gift! Way to go Mommy!!!!

Shannon Harris said...

Thats it! i'm moving! I'm gonna be your neighbor and go to the pizza joints with you and your kids birthday parties and we are going to be the best friends we have always been meant to be!!
PS- I love you!