Yesterday I drove up Kolb road from I-10 all the way to Tanque Verde, took a left on TV, drove down to Pima & hooked a right. I then drove over to Pima/Craycroft.
.
Why is this amazing?
.
Because I drove all the way from Kolb/Valencia to Pima/Craycroft
WITHOUT HITTING ONE SINGLE RED LIGHT.
.
It was kind of amazing, especially since on the way home I got stopped at every single light between Tanque Verde & the freeway, some of them twice.
.
Small victories, folks.
.
And just another tiny joy I want to share. I am in the process of eating the best Blizzard I've ever eaten. This is truly saying something, because I used to WORK at DQ & have made this particular concoction for myself dozens of times. I never made one this good.
When Blizzards were Buy One, Get One for 25 cents, we bought about 6 XL Blizzards & stuck them in the freezer. And one of them is absolutely breathtaking. Loaded with hot fudge & Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I'm eating a little piece of heaven. And since it's an XL, I've eaten it 3 different days & I'm still not done.
.
Bless the soul of the nice DQ girl that made it for me.
7 comments:
MMMM. That sounds so good!!
So glad that you can recognize and savor the small pleasures and joys that are all around us in life!
I hate Tucson Lights...I never get greens throughout town anywhere...I'm sure some stupid liberal timed it badly on purpose thinking it would stimulate the Tucson economy_A
Ah, I love hitting the green lights. Where I grew up our equivalent to Kolb had a trick to it. If you drove exactly 43 mph you would hit all greens for about 15 minutes worth of driving. Then it stopped working, but that 15 minutes was beautiful. That Blizzard sounds pretty darn good too.
Sounds pretty much like heaven to me... DQ!!!!!!
I wish I was eating a blizzard just now. Lucky duck!
The lights is one thing I don't miss about living in Phx. That DQ Blizzard idea was BRILLIANT!!!
Post a Comment