Monday, December 21, 2009

The Big #6!

Emma turned 6 this last Saturday, the 19th. Unfortunately, I've been struggling to get my camera software re-installed on my now-fixed computer. So it's late, but it's here.

What a busy day it was! We started out with some pink french toast & moved right on to the important part: PRESENTS!!

Grandma & Grandpa drove down from Thatcher & we all went out to lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ.
[I'd like to put in a plug for Famous Dave's here. Not only is the food amazing, but a few months ago I joined their e-mail birthday club for everybody in the family. We ended up getting a kid's rib meal for Emma, a birthday sundae, & a FULL RACK rib platter (with sides) for Andy---ALL FOR FREE!!! Seriously, about $30 of food for absolutely nothing. Do it! Be cheap! It really does pay!]

Like those ribs, girl?

Anyways, after lunch we came home just in time to head back to the church for the ward Christmas party. Frank was invited to do a little nativity program with the Joy School kids last week, & he's performed a program for the parents & also at a local assisted living home. It's been a great time with him being able to have something just for himself. But for the ward party, a few other children were invited to join the crew & Emma made the perfect angel to his shepherd. It was so fun!

Then today (Monday), we had planned a big princess bash at the park for Emma & all her little princess friends. Unfortunately, people apparently don't know the meaning of RSVP anymore, & we literally heard from 1 mother to tell us that her daughter wasn't coming. Unwilling to plan a party for imaginary children, I made the executive decision to bag the park party, grabbed a few kids from the ward & headed to Chuck E. Cheese. Not the most personal party, but Emma did tell me about 3 times this afternoon that it was "the best party I could imagine." Mission accomplished. Besides, since it wasn't a princess party, Emma could invite her bestest friend in the whole world, Ben. These 2 are such good buddies!

Jack was completely mesmerized by Chuck E. Cheese. He stood like this for almost 5 minutes- just watching the giant mouse dance around. Good times.

This is my new favorite picture of Emma. This is her personality in a nutshell. Silly, fun & totally loveable.

Emma has grown so much in the last year. She is more & more a young lady & ever so compassionate & loving. I tear up frequently as I watch her care for & dote on her younger brothers. We are all truly blessed to have her as a member of our eternal family.

Happy Birthday, Emma!

4 comments:

Kenningtons said...

So happy to know Emma had the best birthday ever. Too bad about the park party not working out...! But Chuck E Cheese looks like it was super fun. I can't believe Emma is SIX!! WHAT?! Happy birthday, Emma!!!

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday Emma! Looks like she has a lot of fun! I think Chuck E. Cheese is the ultimate place for birthday fun.

Mindi said...

Looks like a great day! Definitely can't go wrong with kids and Chuck E. Cheese. I too requested Famous Dave's for my birthday lunch. I didn't know about the birthday club though!! Such cute pictures of her. What a beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday Emma!
I CAN NOT BELIEVE that you are 6 already!!
We sure do love you