Has it really been only 19 days since I last posted? I feel like I've aged about 10 years in the past few weeks. Mainly, it's been the CRAZINESS of my new calling. Nobody ever told me how much YW leaders were required to do. The rest of the presidency & I are just praying that things slow down soon. If I have to leave my kids crying at home one more time, or pay 1 more babysitter so I can go do my calling, I don't even know what I'll do. Hopefully after we actually get training from the stake this week, that'll be the last of the "extra" meetings & assignments. For now, anyway. Don't get me wrong, the girls are great, but it's just a HUGE change to go from always-home-mommy to never-home-mommy.
.
We've been doing lots of exciting things around here in the little free time I do have, but I had to buy a new camera after the other one mysteriously disappeared from Andy's pocket at the fair parade in Safford. Just 1 more thing that's messed up our comfy little routine around here. So now that I've figured out the new camera & software, I'll tease you with a couple of pics. Maybe I'll actually get around to posting a REAL post sometime soon. Maybe after I go do the dishes......or fold the laundry.....or mop the floor.....or pay the bills.....or take a nap......
.
Never mind. I just discovered that my new software program isn't importing my pics into My Pictures correctly. They're all wonky & crooked. Oh, well. Maybe next time. Someday I'll get my life figured out!
.
(P.S. Please don't judge me for this post. I just need to vent, & this is where I can do that. I really do love my life, it's just racing so fast right now that poor little 'ol me can't catch up. Please don't leave me sympathetic comments, I feel pathetic enough as it is!)
9 comments:
Let it out sista...just let it all out! We're here for you!
P.S. Sounds like you need a vacation....hmmmmm maybe November 20th?? I'm not giving up on you!
Welcome to the fast track.
Hang in there babe! I can remember thinking (all the time) that I was everything to everyone else and had nothing left for ME!
Be sure to lock the bathroom door occasionally (when Andy is home of course) and spend a few minutes alone!!
Love you!!
I hear that November 20th is a really good time of year to visit Phx. We should go! Hang in there, just think of all the blessings you are getting!
I've been wondering what happened to you. Hang in there... three years later you will wonder where the time went and your kids will be so blessed because of your example and hard work. (At least that is what they told me, all I know is I can't remember Brodie from 2 years old until 4 1/2 years old, seriously, life flies!)
We JUST had a lesson in Relief Society on Sunday about what it means to serve and someone brought up that to serve is to sacrifice. In the same breath she said something that hit a little too close to home....she said that giving up time with the kids (which entails more than just leaving!) to faithfully perform a calling is a HUGE sacrifice and true service. I have a very difficult time leaving my young one--MY most important calling--to serve others. The girls are so lucky to have you as a leader! They really are going to learn so much from you. I hope your life settles down a bit and that you and your family receive many blessings for being so faithful.
Vent away...there are lots of frustrations that come with busy callings. It can sometimes be a love-hate type of relationship. Lots of frustrations and lots of blessings. Somehow it makes sense that they come together. ;)
I love the Welcome comment...she read my mind--Welcome to YW! We just did YW in Excellence last weekend and now on to the next million projects! I love it all though...I promise it does settle down...but I think it takes several months though!
Girl, I predict rich blessings on the horizon for your sacrifices. They are hard but well worth it. I feel for you. Hang in there.
Post a Comment