Emma's preschool class took a trip to Apple Annie's Orchard over in Willcox this week. We had planned on Daddy & Emma riding the bus, and at the last minute we decided that Mommy & the boys would drive over & meet the group there. We go to Apple Annie's every year as a family, but weren't going to have time to make it there this year due to Daddy's work schedule. I kind of felt like I was crashing the party, but it turned out that lots of families went with their kids, so I didn't feel too much like an intruder.
First, the bus ride. Andrew said that Emma spent the first 20 minutes of the trip saying "I've never been on a bus before!" and the last 20 saying "Are we there yet?" These pictures kind of say it all.
We actually saved a lot of money going with the group. We got to do the hayride, a little "school" lesson, pick whatever size pumpkins we wanted, and also do the corn maze. It was pretty windy at first, but we had a great time anyway. 
It was funny that people from Emma's class kept saying "Oh, you had your baby!" I'm used to him being around, but they haven't seen me for more than 3 weeks, so he was all new to them. Jack stayed cozy & comfy in the Snugli, and away from little preschooler hands that wanted to touch and hold. He was an angel all day, and we had a fantastic time.

After we were done, Emma decided that she wanted to ride home as a family instead of riding the bus. (Yea, she still likes me more than her friends. We'll see how long that lasts!) So we headed on over to the orchard for some fudge. YUM!!
Now I have 4 huge pumpkins sitting on my counter and Emma has already declared that we need to carve 1 as a pirate & 1 as a princess. I love this time of year!
6 comments:
I cannot believe you! Already out and about on such an adventure after only three weeks postpartum?! IMPRESSIVE!!! I still couldn't cope with life at EIGHT weeks postpartum! Really Kris, impressive!!!
Just pack 'em up and GO! That's what the pioneer ladies did and that's what you have to do these days too!
Just keep 'em covered up and away from well meaning little old ladies!!
What a blast! You got some great pics. I love Autumn!
Wasn't that maze cool? I just kept thinking that I would not make a good pioneer because I couldn't keep my bearings and got so turned around.
The sunflowers were so pretty this year! I love that place!
Thanks for sharing. See you really soon.
Dana
Your kids are so cute Kris. I just love how Emma seems to smile with her whole body.
I've never been to Apple Annies. Sounds like we need to take the kids out there.
Caelin went yesterday to Apple Annie's and she just loved it. I can't believe you went with him (around all the little preschoolers). By the way I started my own blog. jeffandcaseybest.blogspot
Post a Comment