
I thought I'd share a few pics of the past few weeks.
We went to the World Vintage Stunt Championship airplane rally over on the northwest side of town. There were people from everywhere! Japan, Australia, and all over the US. The competitors stand in the middle of the circle and turn as their planes circle. (I would get dizzy!) It's not like remote control flying because they're connected to the plane by 2 LONG wires and control the movement by moving 2 tiny levers on the handle. Some of the stunts they can do literally take your breath away. They do flips, belly rolls, and dive straight at the ground before pulling up at the last second, all while turning around and around. The planes run on gas, and they start them up and just take off. When they run out of gas they actually land them while still turning in circles. It was amazing! Frank was entranced for a while, but eventually Emma got him interested in the flowers (dandelions, actually) growing on the hillside. It was super fun even if we were the youngest people there by about 30 years.




We did an Easter egg hunt with some friends at the park by our house. Frank was a little slow to start off with but quickly got the hang of it. Emma is already a pro. Each kid was supposed to get 14 eggs, but somehow we only came home with 12 between the 2 of them. Oh, well. Just means I have less candy in the house to tempt me! I found it interesting that as soon as we were done, Frank immediately set his bucket down and started counting his stash. He knows what's really important. It's not the eggs- it's what's inside!



Yep, it snowed again about a week and a half ago. I think our dogs should've been born in Wyoming or something because they are OBSESSED with the snow. They run and jump to try and eat it, they roll in it, and even kick it at each other. They're hilarious to watch.

Andrew's parents came and stayed over Easter because I couldn't leave town. I had a softball tournament for the Young Women on Saturday and was BEAT by the time I got home. On Easter Sunday, Debby taught me how to make her fantastic egg rolls and I've eaten them for just about every meal since. YUM!! Sunday evening our nephews Brian Paul and Jeremiah came out to visit and we played cards and dice until late. It's so great to have a relationship with these kids. They're so grown up now, and we wish we could see them more. We missed Sharissa because she was being responsible and working. Jeremiah works at the same store and was supposed to be working too, but he called in sick. Slacker! But we were glad he came. We had a great weekend, and the kids looked fantastic in the Easter duds Nana Rose sent to them. Aren't they getting big?


We also did the requisite egg coloring. I wasn't too excited because last year my counter was stained multi-colored for almost a week. But the kids were actually very careful and didn't spill at all. We've spent the last 2 nights having little egg hunts in the living room before bedtime. The kids love it because the eggs are super easy to find. I love it because I don't have to spend all that time hiding eggs outside that will just get chewed up by the dogs if the kids don't find them. Yes, Frank's apron is pink, but at least it's camo! I guess we need to get him a manly apron like the one we made for his dad. 


Looking back, we have been very busy so Emma has no reason to beg to leave the house. I guess she can just tell when my heart's not in whatever activity we happen to be doing at the time. But that's changed. Already today I've managed to be cheerful and actively involved in my kids all day. I even went outside and watched them color with their new sidewalk chalk. Since we don't have any sidewalks, this means that they color on the brick on the base of our house. It looks like we have 2 preschool grafitti artists living here. But that's what the hose is for, right?
1 comment:
Looks like you guys have doing some fun stuff!! We had so much fun with you guys when we were in Tucson, and I have been craving Greek food ever since!! Hope we can get together again soon!!
Post a Comment