Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh, those sweet moments!

You know, I am coming to believe that no one actually reads this blog, but that's OK. This has become almost like a journal, where I try every day to capture in my mind or on this page the little sweet moments that make life wonderful. I have been taking way more pictures of the mundane things that we do so that I can share them, but I've also started taking way more mental snapshots of my beautiful little family in our every day lives.
I am insanely proud of my kids' brown eyes (it's wrong, I know), and I just can't get over how beautiful they are. Every night in the tub, I just stop and stare at their chocolate brown eyes and think about how special these little souls are. Instead of screaming and spanking when I go to answer the phone and come back to 2 little "angels" emptying the contents of the bathtub onto the floor (true story, it took 2 days to dry!), I relish the look in Emma's eyes when she realizes she's done something wrong and is trying to apologize.
Oh, sometimes life is so sweet, even amidst all of the mania that we must deal with daily.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Kris,
After I saw you guys at church I realized that I don't see you as often because I haven't been to volleyball lately. I've been helping in Jake's classroom a lot, which cuts into my playtime.
Your kids are adorable, you need to join an online blog community, that way you build up blogger friends and can compare lives, it's much more fun to blog when you have an audience. My girlfriends in Bountiful all blog and it helps stay connected. But your right, its a great way to journal our kids and this adventure called motherhood.
You can check us out at our blog:

http://kahlercrew.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!