Tuesday, December 18, 2007




Oh, my!

Today we had Emma's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's of all places. She has been begging me for a princess birthday party since last August, when both her cousin Reagan and her friend Kayla had princess parties. I really wanted to go all out and give her a magical princess party, but needless to say, I just didn't get it done! So, the next best thing was to go to Chuck's place and let him do all of the entertaining. It was great. Very low-key, (organization-wise anyway!) and let all of us enjoy ourselves without having to do a whole lot ahead of time or during the party. Because I promised to let her have a princess party, I did let her and her friends wear their beautiful princess dresses for part of the party. So, she thought it was a princess party after all.

Emma had 3 little friends come, and we just played and had a fantastic time. Honestly, though, I think Andrew had more fun than most of the kids! He and Frank played all sorts of games and won over 100 tickets in about 30 minutes. At least he redeemed them for a prize for Emma.

So, with that done, tomorrow we can just relax and have a quiet birthday at home. Well, at least as quiet as Emma gets, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Emma and friends had a wonderful time with the Chuckster! Seems like her birthday has managed to go one for several days. Fun!
It seems hard to believe that our little "Christmas miracles" are 4 years old! I was telling someone the other day about that year and how having 2 new babies made things so much more special. What little jewels they are.
Have a wonderful day and we'll see you guys soon.
Mom