Monday, August 13, 2012

Starting a New Phase

I've been kind of twisting in the wind for a long time.  I feel like I have all sorts of things that I want to do, but just no motivation to get them done.  So I was THRILLED to get an e-mail from one of my bestest friends last week.

Wendy is awesome, & has decided to train for a triathlon in November!  Being the thoughtful girl that she is, she invited a bunch of her buddies to join in.  I was jumping right on the bandwagon, but after I thought about it realistically, I figured out that I don't have the TIME to meaningfully train for a whole triathlon before November.  OK, yes.  I have tons of time.  I'm not one of those women that presumes that she is all-important & has no time for the world around her.  However, I do NOT have giant blocks of time every day that I can leave my house to go swim or bike.  Hey- my hubby's not home & I don't think that I'd get the "Mother of the Year" award if I left my 1 & 3 year olds home alone (or hanging out on the pool deck while Mommy swims laps)!

Keeping all of this in mind, I committed to be part of a relay team for the triathlon.  I am teamed up with 2 good friends & we'll combine to get it done!  Kristi M will swim, Katie F will bike, & I'm gonna be running the 5K at the end. 

So I have begun!  Leaning on the awesome Couch 2 5K program, I have started to get this tushy back into shape & into fighting form!  I've got 2 workouts down- only 25 to go!

Pray for me folks- it's been a LONG time since I've been in any sort of athletic shape!

5 comments:

Andi said...

Good luck!!!

Casey said...

How fun for you! Hope you enjoy it (the training and the triathlon).

Kenningtons said...

That's so great! I'm excited for you!! In true Kris form, you are going to kick booty.

Rachel said...

Good for you. It's a fun race and even better as a team. You will be great!

Wendy said...

You are too kind. Thanks for the compliment. I hope you are enjoying your training.