A couple of weeks ago I got a call from Andy on his way home from work. "Why don't you call the hotel & get us some rooms for next week? Let's go to Disneyland!"
.
Wait, what? Like, in 5 days? Uh, OK. Let me call.
Wait, what? Like, in 5 days? Uh, OK. Let me call.
(I'm really thinking "Yeah, freakin' right! No way!")
.
Wait, what? Rooms for $70, right across the street from D-land? Uh, OK!
.
So we called up the grandparents & we all headed out Wednesday morning at 3 am. Don't we look excited & awake?
Keepin' our eyes "peeled" for Disneyland.
So we called up the grandparents & we all headed out Wednesday morning at 3 am. Don't we look excited & awake?
Any ideas, Shamoms?
See that RESERVED sign? Well, if the Disney staff kicks you out of your LEGAL parade-viewing spot & then lets other folks sit there 10 minutes later, leaving you with nowhere to sit or stand, just speak up! They just might lead you right down the middle of the parade route, right behind the "Donate a day, Get a day" folks, with people cheering on every side. You MIGHT get plopped right down in the middle of the VIP section, with staff shooing random strangers away from you like you're the president of the USA or something. Can't be mixin' the important people with the commoners now, can we?
Then, since you're obviously such special people, your kids just may be chosen to participate in every aspect of the parade, right down to the dancers coming into your VIP section & dancing with you. Man, it's awesome to be important.
.
.
Moral of the story:
Speak up if something's wrong! You might be surprised at what happens!
I was so relieved that we got to see some of the "good princesses" this time around. 3 years ago we saw Jasmine literally 15 times in 2 days & none of the original ladies. How many times can you have 1 princess sign your book? Sleeping Beauty is Emma's all-time favorite, & I could hardly tear her away.
Ack! Who's driving that car?
Grandma apparently gives better loves than Mommy when you wiggle out of the seat belt, stand up in your stroller & pitch head-first onto your mouth. Blood, spit, everything. Nice.
Who's that guy? Hey- that's Robert Irvine from Dinner: Impossible!
(As big as he looks on TV, those muscles are even bigger in person.)
I really did think that Debby was going to rush the stage!
Just a side note- the Jedi Training show is AMAZING! These guys are SO good. If you want your kid to get chosen to participate, all you have to do is dress them in something Jedi or Star Wars. There was a kid wearing a Jedi wrap/coat thing & he was chosen within 3 seconds of the show starting. Something to think about if you're going.....
I have to admit, I have actually been practicing the "self-portrait" shot just so I can be included in some of our family memories.
Don't worry, you're not the only sleepy one, Grandpa!

I cannot say enough just how fantastic this trip was. I can't wait to go again!
(In another 3 years- I'm still tired from this experience!)
8 comments:
I LOVE Disneyland! I grew up 15 minutes away, and somehow my parents managed to take us there fairly often. We are going to try to make it to Disneyworld (fingers crossed) this Christmas. Shayne said Europe or Disneyworld...I picked Disneyworld, my kids are only little once!
How fun for you and your family! We haven't been to D-land in about 5 years. Looks like a great time. :)
Looks like fun!
Looks like you had the perfect Disneyland experience. Hurray for good princesses, Pluto, and last minute vacations!
FUN! That is awesome that it was Andy's idea. I loved looking at the pictures. Disneyland is just for fun...even with the million people. How fun to be grandma and grandpa and get to go too! Has it really been 3 years since your last trip. Wow, time sure flies. It seems like you were just planning that.
How fun! So glad you got to see the "good" princesses! That makes it all worth it.
WOW!!! I am so jealous!!! Maybe because I need a vacation BAD and because I LOVE DISNEYLAND SO MUCH! We haven't been since our honeymoon... almost 6 years ago. Looks like SO much fun (especially the vip treatment)!
How fun was that?!?!?!?! And your self-portraits are beautiful because YOU are beautiful! What a fun and spontaneous trip for sure!!!! Funny that it takes the husbands to get us to do something huh... thats the only way we go on vacas!
PS- I love you!
Post a Comment